Flex-Eboard Electric Skateboard update
Just last week we received the the first Flex-Eboard Electric Skateboard and set of Rough Stuff Wheels which have been made from the moulds paid for by our kickstarter campaign. The original prototype was made from temporary moulds as a one off.
There have been a few changes to the design since the prototype which is exactly what prototypes and testing are all about.
- We have upgraded the motors. We had come across an issue with some motors when under immense stress (extreme breaking, extreme crashing etc.) that the motor axle would twist inside the casing slightly and cause the motor to oscillate out of line. We’ve strengthened the motors so this cannot happen anymore.
- The motor hangers (the metal plates which attaches the motor to the truck) have also been upgraded. It will provide more strength and protection from rocks and knocks.
- We did discover a bug in the electronics where some of the boards would hold power at half charge and not allow you to charge above this level. This has been fixed.
- The Carbon Deck has had a subtle W concave introduced to the deck to produce a more locked in feel. We have also removed some of the grey colour from the underside of the deck. This makes a Carbon 6 shape on the underside and exposes the carbon fibre layer at the front of the board. It looks awesome.
- We don’t yet have the new style controller but rest assured that when it is introduced in the future that it will be compatible with the Flex-Eboard.
Check out a ton of photos for you below as well as plenty on our instagram feed. Keep your eye on our Instagram story for updates and pictures.
We will be at The Cycle Show on the 22nd to the 24th of September where we will be displaying the Flex-Eboard Electric Skateboard. Come along and call in to out stand K155.
Pre-order the Flex-Eboard and Rough Stuff Wheels here